View Single Post

Old 05-27-2015, 11:04 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.59 GB
Thanks for the kind words. The shiny parts of the struts are toothpicks colored with a silver paint pen. I then wrapped strips of lightweight gray paper around them to make them look like struts.

The more I look at them, though, I don't like them. If it is an atmospheric-only utility vehicle, it should have wheels like the V-22 or the Blackhawk. Maybe even landing skids like the UH-1. If I'd been thinking ahead, I would've cut out a section of the external fuel tanks and boxed them in like the V-22's landing gear.

I'm also thinking of redoing the engine intakes and exhausts. I'd cut them out and add internal detail -- intake trunks and fan faces at the front and some sort of articulated exhaust channel at the rear. I'll have to figure out if I can make the modifications without building all-new nacelles.

Speaking of the V-22, it'd be cool to have one of these in the metallic gray paint scheme the Osprey comes in. Maybe with USAF SOC markings. And an in-flight refueling probe. And a FLIR turret....