View Single Post

Old 06-13-2009, 11:59 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
A quote from Carl's Zealot build:

Quote:
I had intended to modify the kit to use joining strips instead of double bulkheads but got concerned while dealing with the cockpit. It has an inner skin as well as an outer skin. As a result I went with the stock double bulkhead system. BTW, the inner and outer skin roll in opposite directions which, to me, makes it very difficult to do a good job fitting them... particularly since the inner skin in this case didn't anchor to any frames or anything! I ended up splitting it at the bottom and attaching the pieces separately inside the out skin after shaping everything. The inner seam is hidden by the cockpit floor in any case.
This has not changed for this edition of the design. In addition to the quirks Carl mentioned, there are also numerous darts to be cut out in both the inner and outer skins. I left this bit undone for tonight, as sitting and staring at it did not seem to be easing my apprehensions. I think I will go with Carl's idea about separating the inner skin into pieces to ease things.

G'nite!