View Single Post

Old 06-05-2015, 12:35 AM

Total Downloaded: 140.78 MB
Okay, so I had a whole series of photos of how I built this thing, and I was planning on doing my usual build log, but for some reason my camera didn't have a memory card in it and while all the build photos are stored safely on the internal memory of the camera, I can't access them because I can't find the cable... So you'll have to make do with the finished pics I took after I found a memory card. I might make a separate thread about how I built the model later, when I find the cord, but for now, here's how I built my Starcar.

I assembled the plain, non-silver body of the Starcar first, choosing the road version because I think it looks cooler with wheels (I'll be building the flying version later). I reinforced it with 1/16" balsa wood strips, then after carefully assembling it I skinned it with the silver card pieces. Before gluing the silver parts to the under-layer, I cut out the windows carefully, leaving the frames. Some of the frames disintegrated because I had to make do with a dull eXacto blade, but I was able to cut a thin strip of silver card to replace them. After that, I glued on the dark gray bumper pieces and the rocket motor covers, then finally attached the airfoils and the side mirrors. I think it looks pretty darn cool:

Now to start the Gunstar...