View Single Post

Old 06-06-2015, 12:02 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.27 GB
Corvair Monza GT

Just got this kit of a rare car, the 1962 Chevy Corvair Monza GT. This was a mid-engine prototype using a Corvair engine. The front of the car is similar to later Corvettes, and the rear inspired the 1965-1969 Corvair. The rear also looks to have heavily inspired Bill Thomas' Super Cheetah.

I bought this model on ebay from Ondrej Hejl who I believe constructed the model. The designer is Attila Csakvari. Ondrej forgive me if I am incorrect. The kit arrived within a week and the shipping was reasonable as it came from the Czech Republic. The kit consists of two identical models, one metalized, and the other printed on plain matte. This allows you to practice building the normally printed version before attempting the metalized version. Instructions are graphic images only. The scale is 1/24. Ondrej also included a small building model that he designed as a freebie.

It looks to build nicely based on photos of the completed model. Not only am I happy to have a model of such a cool car, but it may also serve to help me design the Super Cheetah.

Pictures are from my phone so they are not very clear.
Attached Thumbnails
Corvair Monza GT-004.jpg   Corvair Monza GT-005.jpg   Corvair Monza GT-006.jpg