View Single Post

Old 06-09-2015, 01:49 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
hi, work of the week !

I started the fuselage. First, plates around cockpit, this time no real problem figuring out the correct position, it's well defined and fit perfectly. Then to the front. I added some weight in the nose.
Continued with the wings.
My problem is always to know where exactly fold the paper, so I typically align on the gear door, then fold over. Here it's well designed -again. Gear door position can not be more obvious, It foldq perfectly in place - though I'm a little of of 0.1mm on the right wing (already fixed).
A second problem I usually encounter is not to bend to much the paper at a time so it won't "break". This paper is really flexible.

Now the fun begin. If I'm correct, to add the engine compartment I have to glue the canopy before, so form and put inner parts, then canopy over, then outside hoping for the best ! Canopy is really thin, so far parts fit well so I'm still confident. Anyway I'm cutting all parts and I'm going to do many dry test before !

btw just test fuselage/wing, not yet glued.
Attached Thumbnails
Halinski - p-39n airacobra - 1:33 (one more ;) )-_mg_4826_1.jpg   Halinski - p-39n airacobra - 1:33 (one more ;) )-_mg_4833_1.jpg   Halinski - p-39n airacobra - 1:33 (one more ;) )-_mg_4837_1.jpg