View Single Post

Old 06-27-2015, 10:20 AM

Total Downloaded: 155.43 MB
Thank you guys! its great to hear from everyone again after so long

and as promised, here are some new parts done

the Z-1 Truss is finally done... it took me a bit more time to finish it than I anticipated, and ended up a bit sloppy and edgy on some corners, but overall it was all good...

but because of the time it took me to finish the truss, I decided to build the rest of the ITA after I finish all of the pressurized modules, external pallets and robot arms, in order to make as many components as I can before tackling the more complex ones...

one small new addition to the Truss is this little EVA bag... and since this is just a simple 4 x 5 x 1.5 mm box, unlike what I did with Zvezda's EVA workstations and experiment packages, I just drew this part the old fashioned way; with a pencil and a straightedge...

I noticed the EVA bag when I was looking at EVA shots made by Expedition 28 crews during STS-135...

PMA-3 is also done... and unlike the first two, because this one will not have anything docked to it, I completed this PMA with the APAS docking mechanism included...

a few new additions to Unity and PMA-1 (I still haven't glued it yet... just plugged it in for photos, will glue this thing later on)... the extra EVA toolbag on Unity (I made it the same way as the EVA toolbag on Z-1; it's a 3 x 3 x 3 mm cube), and the ORU transfer device (OTD) installed on PMA-1

I also removed the sunshade on PMA-1's zenith MDM (Multiplexer-Demultiplexer) electronics box

Zarya's solar panels are done, and will be installed on the module at a later date

one more groufie before calling it a day

and next up on my cutting mat