View Single Post

Old 07-09-2015, 11:14 PM

Total Downloaded: 3.58 MB
Hello Sparrowhawk,
Well I've red tons of magazines concerning Citroën and in particular the 2cv. Thing is I forgot a lot about It so maybe you're right about this German. The only thing I remember about the Charleston is that it was the so maniest attempt to renew the 2cv that was actually running towards the end of it's production. Citroën wanted to get rid of their 2cv for more than one reason but there was still a demand of customers. I guess they bed on 2 horses by changing it cosmetically (retro-art-deco look), trying to convince another type of customer while they still had their loyal buyers. The Charleston as we came to know it was issued in '82.
You are right: the flat twin is a strong and very reliable engine. Instead of reconditioning the engine I simply bought always a second hand, you could find them in almost any junkyard at an affordable price, it was the cheapest solution for me. Needless to say that they did not always performed the way they were meant to be because of their age or mileage.
Al together I owned 5 2cv's and I had a lot of fun with these cars.
Greetings