View Single Post

Old 08-02-2015, 09:42 PM

Total Downloaded: 155.43 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunwayOneSixRight View Post
These look very good!
I'm reconsidering finishing my 1:72 ISS, its just way too big.

-RunwayOneSixRight (Matthew)
I love to see your ISS sir Matt', 1/72 is huuuge!

the build has slowed down for a bit... life keeps getting in the way

but I managed to finish two major pieces

the first part of the Canadian Mobile Servicing System (MSS), the SSRMS (Canadarm 2) is done... it was a bit tedious to work with compared to the 1/100 one because of its size, but it is every bit as functional as the larger one

the Quest Airlock will be the last of the MARSCenter-designed modules coming in on this model, and to reflect the current configuration, I added the fifth HPGA Oxygen gas canister (with the label coming from sir Alfonso's own HPGA gas canister design)

this one was a bit of a struggle to build... lots of places where my fingers stuck, trouble with the gas canister builds, and other fiddly bits... but fortunately it still turned out well, and structurally, it is pretty solid

at this point I'm refocusing back once more on Zvezda, as I've acquired enough reference photos to scratchbuild two additional components - a GPS antenna just on the starboard side of the zenith thrusters, and a third EVA workstation and external experiments mounting just on the nadir side of the port EVA workstation (where the Radiometria experiment is mounted), along with the experiments mounted on it... also coming in are the cones for the zenith and nadir docking ports to accommodate Pirs and Poisk

also, I've decided to add EVA handrails to the entire ISS model... just for the heck of it

will be back soon