Thread: 1/72 Saturn V
View Single Post

Old 09-08-2015, 04:46 AM

Total Downloaded: 271.84 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by elliott View Post
That's a good-looking F1 engine there. The Saturn V should make an impressive model even at 1:72, especially with a LUT and crawler. You've set yourself quite a task. This'll be an interesting thread.
The LUT and crawler may or may not end up happening, considering that they are not free kits, but I definitely would like to get them and build them, too. 1:72 remains a good choice of scale "just in case" :D

Honestly, I'd rather build the 1:96 MicroArtWorks version, but I definitely don't have that kind of money available.

And, since the wife isn't too thrilled with the 1:72 version, it'll be happening 'under the table" so to speak - mixed in with other projects, including Ken West's SR-71 and a 1:96@1:300 rocket garden, which will also includew a Saturn V. ADD? what ADD?

I am looking forward to doing it, though. I enjoyed building the engine - everything fit together so well, and the textures look great. I'm not a fan of the laserjet printing, but my home inkjet is broken, and the EduCraft stuff is laser printed anyway, so I want the finish to match.
Current builds: Mirco Firefly Serenity 1:96, Saturn V 1:72
ADD victims: WM Columbia 1:100, AXM Atlas V 1:300, OBP Spruce Goose, Uhu02 X-Wing... and many others