View Single Post

Old 09-16-2015, 02:59 PM

Total Downloaded: 648.57 MB
Didn't know the old porcupine wore so many liveries. I was only familiar with your initial RAF cam offering 'cos that's the way Airfix depicted it. Personally the only ones I ever saw were the pure white Coastal Command ones that were maintained on the Medway slipways ... along with their PBY-5A companions.

When they started building the Princesses (Hint, hint) they completely blotted out the smaller craft, and eventually crowded them off the ramps for good. After that the old war horses were only seen on the river, but they soon retired and disappeared completely. The Princesses seemed to take root there for years though ... until they eventually broke them up. I believe that at least one of them did actually fly a few times, but I never saw it.

Should it be of interest, the Coastal Command PBYs were all white too ( No need for cam in the '50s ), but again, there are countless other variations to be considered for recolours.

Having a bad day so nothing got cut out today. Attempted a bit of snippin' on a KoolWheelz Hot Rod, but couldn't control the scissors, so I had to give in and read a magazine. Even that is frustrating as I have great trouble separating glossy pages.