View Single Post

Old 11-02-2015, 08:44 PM

Total Downloaded: 102.95 MB
JSC 1/400 HMS Dreadnought

Hi all, in that great modelers tradition, I have started my next project after barely starting my last one.In this case, I wasn't enjoying the Modelik USS Arkansas, so I decided to start on this. I have enjoyed the previous JSC kits I have done, and this has turned out to be no exception. I have only one negative so far, and that is that it is printed pale blue for some reason. Otherwise it is beautifully printed, with lots of lovely detail.
On previous JSC kits I have not been able to get the deck nice and flat, I always managed to get a ripple in it somewhere. This is because the deck is printed on the same card as the rest of the kit, and it is added on top of the always unique JSC hull formers. By the way, I enjoy the JSC way of doing hulls. It is enjoyable cutting it out and getting straight to work, rather than laminating formers on thick card etc, then getting a sore hand cutting them out.
This time I cut the two major hull formers out, and glued the deck on first thing. I was able to put books on it to keep it flat while it dried, and it came out nice and smooth and stiff. I then folded it up and glued the rest together. I glued the rear sides on, then made the front part and glued that on. It came out very well. The black Plimsol line curved down at the rear, so it didn't sit flat along the line. I am not sure what I did wrong there. But never mind, it will look correct should I ever get around to mounting it on the sea.
Fit of parts has been exceptional except around the rear of the main superstructure. I had a small gap on each side, which I filled in with scrap. Others appear to not have had this problem. Anyhow enjoy the pictures. I look forward to getting back to work on it.

Robert
Attached Thumbnails
JSC 1/400 HMS Dreadnought-img_0195.jpg   JSC 1/400 HMS Dreadnought-img_0196.jpg   JSC 1/400 HMS Dreadnought-img_0205.jpg   JSC 1/400 HMS Dreadnought-img_0206.jpg   JSC 1/400 HMS Dreadnought-img_0207.jpg  

JSC 1/400 HMS Dreadnought-img_0222.jpg   JSC 1/400 HMS Dreadnought-img_0221.jpg   JSC 1/400 HMS Dreadnought-img_0211.jpg   JSC 1/400 HMS Dreadnought-img_0209.jpg   JSC 1/400 HMS Dreadnought-img_0212.jpg