View Single Post

Old 12-01-2015, 10:22 AM

Total Downloaded: 111.25 MB
As my name was mentioned and before I get too many PM's :-) I thought I would post a quick reply.

Yes I have an Emblaser and was definitely an early adopter - I got mine in January. I have been consistently impressed with it - from a product design, support, usability and capability point of view.

My main driver was to have a laser-cutter at home for small parts like railings that I wanted to use in my 1:250 ship models (mostly for my own use - not for sale with my kits). It has passed with flying colours.

I have the A4 version and have been using the 3W laser to date. It is very happy cutting up to 300gsm card in a single pass but 1mm geryboard/strawboard is a multi-pass operation. I have the 4W upgrade but have not fitted it yet - it will probably have to wait until the Christmas holidays. I am hoping for significantly reduced cutting speeds.

The latest version of Cut2D laser now lets you send cutting files to the laser without generating Gcode - so the workflow for me is to draw up the parts in Corel Draw and save, load into Cut2D, set cutting speed and power and send to the cutter. Very straightforward.

Some pictures attached showing what it is capable of. Pictures are -

1. 1:250 icebreaker Lenin with my laser-cut railings and anchor chains (2D but very effective. Note I have now successfully cut chains with "links" 1.2mm long)

2. Spitzbergen airship mast parts - one of my 1:250 scale free models. Need to re-cut with the power a bit higher to cut the ladders properly

3. Parts for the 1:250 model of KBV49 by Bildrum/Gunnar Sillen. 200gsm pale grey card, sprayed grey

4. Craneship Hartmut Redemann - this is to show the jib I laser-cut the parts for. 300gsm black card. The rest of the model is incomplete and the railings, while laser-cut, are not "cut" by me.

Note I do not at this time plan to sell any laser-cut parts sets for my models. This may change in the future but for now the answer is "No".

I am happy answer any other specific questions.
Attached Thumbnails
emblaser laser cutter-p1040914_small.jpg   emblaser laser cutter-mooring-mast-laser-parts-small.jpg   emblaser laser cutter-p1040912_small.jpg   emblaser laser cutter-p1040911_small.jpg