View Single Post

Old 12-11-2015, 11:18 PM

Total Downloaded: 27.71 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmks2000 View Post
Good luck! I'm looking for a project bike myself but can't decide on what platform to start with to turn into a streetfighter. I really want to pick up an old Kawi H1 or H2 two stroke. although the state noise restrictions would most likely limit using expansion chambers on the street. Currently still riding my '01 cbr f4i that I bought new. She's coming up on 16 years this January.
Used to ride a Kawi 1971 Blue Tank 500.

Wheelie without warning going from 1st to 2nd. No cornering ability and after a 35-mile ride of constant riding needed to take 10-minutes to un-peal you fingers from the handlebars.

In a staightline-WOW! Beat 750 Hondas easy!

Was very young in the 70's when It was mine.

Had no fear and rode it hard! Kept burning holes in the center piston. Then the crank seized. Ended up by parts from all over the country and putting together a monster. Almost twice the 42 horses it started with.

Was getting ready to race it at a 1/4 mile track and had an issue one night.

Knocked a 1972 Buick 225 fourteen feet sideways that totalled it (car too). Driver was turning left onto a one-way street (going the wrong way), with the right blinker activated. I decided to pass and hit center of the driver door.

Would love to find another 1971 Blue Tank or even a 1969 White Tank!

Mike