Thread: WH40K Griffon
View Single Post

Old 01-12-2016, 02:21 PM

Location: The thriving metropolis of Wappingers Falls, NY, USA
Total Downloaded: 127.35 MB
Thanks, Elliot. The Griffon is now complete, and it came out pretty good, I think.

I would be happier if it had some ammo stowed on board, but at this point I just don't have the oomph needed to design and build a bunch of shells. Maybe I'll just glue an array of .22 shorts along the interior right wall, LOL. Due to its placement in the vehicle, the mortar's angle is fixed, which sort of defeats its purpose. I thought that the fragile periscope stalk was an accident waiting to happen so, before it got damaged, I ran a 1/8 inch wooden dowel from the top all the way down through the floor. I'm thinking of coating the periscope lens and the control panel's oval screen with a couple of coats of clear nail polish before I call this one entirely done.

I've built two of these vehicles now, and have nothing but praise for them. Lots of parts, but lots of fun, too. The 3-way line drawings that serve as instructions are sufficient for an experienced paper modeler.
Attached Thumbnails
WH40K Griffon-griffon11.jpg   WH40K Griffon-griffon12.jpg   WH40K Griffon-griffon13.jpg   WH40K Griffon-griffon14.jpg   WH40K Griffon-griffon15.jpg