View Single Post

Old 02-08-2016, 04:01 AM

Total Downloaded: 119.30 MB
Talking Thanks for all good suggestions.

Hi Guys.
Thanks for all answers, and yes I am trying to tweek and tune the model in Scetchup. ( at least playing around.)
However things are not as easy as it is in youtube vids.. haha. I do not get the same results as they show there often.

I have the original drawing files ( DWG ) files, and choose to import them as background, Base img.) however my DWG file contains all files in one. Floorplan, outside view , and cut section details. How to edit or cut away undesired files I am not sure of. since layers. It is selectable, however when mergin the layersafter making group in Scetchup we should move all layers to 0 layer when deleting, then they becomes visible again. Should problably be cut away in Cad before imported to Scetchup.
The most enoying thing is that then all beam lines etsc is added as well, this result in 1 million lines to be deleted if i shall continnue with the file.
Also when working with orbit tool it does not flip the model slowly , it spins crazy fast and i wind up far away from the model, I have been trying to find settings for this but have resigned.( maybe its a mouse senstivityresolution issue)
Alos when importing, the template does not automaticly place itself on the axes field, it winds up far from it, so i need to move the axes after import. and the template is so tiny you can hardly see it. I set the scale to millimeters according to drawing , but it does not change anything.
Allways has to zoom in a lot.
Scale when using meassuring tool is allways correct though!

Conclutions: I will prevale and figure it out, but for now its a struggle.
I usually win in the end.

I will try to use the original pdf`s as template to test them , at least I am rid of the layers issue.

:-)

Last edited by JustTheSeim; 02-08-2016 at 04:50 AM.