View Single Post

Old 02-16-2016, 02:22 PM

Total Downloaded: 553.70 MB
It’s been a few days since my last entry here, as I have been busy building the remaining Construcciones Costales paper models. After finishing the series, I have the feeling that I was not so much a Beta tester, but rather the Alpha tester, as I can’t imagine that the designer ever built one of his own works. Poorly measured parts, tabs where they shouldn’t be, no tabs where they should be, bad color matchup. However, if you can work your way through the problems, they build into interesting and colorful 80 year old models. And after all, isn’t that what vintage paper modeling is all about?

Number 8 in the series is Emisora de Campana, or Campaign Radio Station. (I apologize for not including the appropriate accents in the Spanish words. I know they are in my computer, I just can’t find them right now). The station is operated by a lone signalman. He certainly keeps a tidy bivouac, he may have even starched his tent. The quickest build in the Instrumentos de Guerra series, Mr. Sparks and his equipment sit on a mat board base with only a handful of mirrored parts this time. As should have become obvious by now, these models are not designed to a consistent scale. Similar to the early plastic models that were designed to fit into a standard sized box, these models are drawn to fit on a standard 32 X 23 cm page. More to come.

Score and fold,

Thumb Dog
Attached Thumbnails
Paper Models as Propaganda During the Spanish Civil War-025.jpg   Paper Models as Propaganda During the Spanish Civil War-027.jpg   Paper Models as Propaganda During the Spanish Civil War-costales-8.jpg