View Single Post

Old 02-21-2016, 03:43 PM

Total Downloaded: 35.81 MB
Thumb Dog... it's so great to see these models so beautifully constructed especially as the vintage models present, as you've said, a unique set of challenges in fit and sequence. I've had this set for some time so I'd be happy to provide you with better scans if you still need them.

There's also a second series by Galvez, Escenas del Frente, of which I have four and present here a build I did awhile back of the first one, Bombardo de Fortificaciones, which as far as I can tell looks more like an attack on a village.

I don't know if you're familiar with Francesc Lopez Sala, a great paper model collector in Barcelona. There was an exhibition of his paper models from the Spanish Civil War in Barcelona in 2009. I've attached the cover of the catalog and another Shirley Temple (she was very popular with the fascists for some reason).

Here are a few YouTubes about the exhibition (the second features Francesc):

Attached Thumbnails
Paper Models as Propaganda During the Spanish Civil War-img_4300.jpg   Paper Models as Propaganda During the Spanish Civil War-img_4306.jpg   Paper Models as Propaganda During the Spanish Civil War-img_4307.jpg   Paper Models as Propaganda During the Spanish Civil War-retallables-catalog.jpg   Paper Models as Propaganda During the Spanish Civil War-shirley.jpg