View Single Post

Old 03-14-2016, 07:55 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Modelik - amx-10rc in 1:25

Not only a new model in modelik collection, but also a new model made available in paper : the French amx-10rc, the "light" reconnaissance vehicle - with a 105mm -

The model.
This is what I'm calling the new modelik series; obviously computer designed, sharp printing, now figuring, like gpm and cie, a picture of the model for cover. Plenty of pictures inside too.
This model was designed by Michal Kolodziej, which also designed among other the panhard vbl I build few months ago and I just loved it! So I'm more than confident on the quality of the design.

The kit
Print on A3 paper, standard modelik 180g / 0.22mm. It's a big model indeed. Note this one doesn't have any internal or engine part.

* cover and pictures : showing the actual model, an A3 pages with 9 colours pictures (I forgot to take photos ) showing lot of details
* instructions and history : A full A3 page, only in Polish
* 2 views side (top/left) : A full A3 page, some assembly detail too
* assembly diagrams : Maybe a weakness of the kit, not that much drawing, only 2 A3 pages, What I attached to the post is just what you got. Same with the vbl, I strongly advice you to document the parts (scan) before any cut !
* Parts : 6 A3 pages on 180g and an A4 page in 80g. sharp printing, i'm talking about colour and ink later.
* Frame : 2 A3 and an A4 pages on 80g, available as lasercut.

Colour
For this model, modelik used digital print. Colours are bright, sharp, dark black, lot of contrast. Note it is a semigloss / shiny print, really different of previous model, love/hate, that's up for debate.
But this ink has a weakness - as the warning state - many glue dissolve it ! I can confirm polyurethane / ansercoll is NOT suitable, so I have to put this model aside for now...

Laser cut
As usual I got the laser cut, and as usual it is of great quality. This set cover the previous 2 A3 and the A4 pages (including the tyres motif)

Price
model : 12.50€, laser cut : 6.25€

I was hoping to start it asap, but until I found a new (no water) glue (in Europe ) it's a no go for me, shame

bye
Attached Thumbnails
Modelik - amx-10rc in 1:25-img_6317_1.jpg   Modelik - amx-10rc in 1:25-img_6318_1.jpg   Modelik - amx-10rc in 1:25-img_6310_1.jpg   Modelik - amx-10rc in 1:25-img_6614_1.jpg   Modelik - amx-10rc in 1:25-img_6323_1.jpg