View Single Post

Old 03-14-2016, 12:11 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Michael, several months ago I did begin the 1:72nd revision in earnest but it poses some very serious issues.

I'm re-drawing it from the bottom up because all of my old .dwg files were lost.

As far as challenges go, you may note that all of the interior plating as well as the raft have numbers to locate the corresponding bulkheads, the tabs serve two purposes, one is to hold glue the second is to cover the numbers.

If you lose the tabs you have to lose the numbers, great care would then have to be taken to assure that the proper bulkhead lands on the proper mark, one bulkhead in the wrong place would create quite a problem.

The second issue is the size, at 1:72 it would require that the largest parts be segmented even on a large format print, this segmenting leads to a complete re-drawing of the illustrations to reflect the additional parts and their application(s).

1:72 would be quite a project and I've got a good start on it, the book of drawings is now my primary source of information.

All I need is a little motivation, you see, the 1;100th sat on a shelf for the past 8 years gathering dust while I moved on, it wasn't until I spotted the one on ebay recently (#6) that there has been a renewed interest in the subject, most people were not aware that this even existed.