View Single Post

Old 03-17-2016, 03:13 PM

Total Downloaded: 12.68 MB
Hmmm, the thing about "upgrading" the scanner being at the root makes me wonder about whether the scanner is indeed the problem. Have you scanned some ruled graph paper at a specified dpi and then compared it against the measured file properties on GIMP: e.g. scan 1 inch square at 300 dpi sb a 300x300pixel square on the final image. If not, then you may have found a certain optical error in the way the scanner works (could be an aspect of newer "cheaper" scanners). I can't think of ever working from a scanner in a way that matters (such as parts) so I haven't noticed a particular problem from my scanner. Since scanners are not that sophisticated optically (a kind of "contact" print) I wouldn't be surprised that there may be accuracy issues on home scanners I haven't noticed before.

If the scanner is doing the distortion, is it repeatable? If so the fix might be to just re-scale the image by a corrective amount. Ugly fix, but probably workable.