View Single Post

Old 06-27-2009, 10:39 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 112.72 MB
Slowing down a little

We're almost up to realtime - easy first set of posts since I was catching up from last Spring. Still piddlin' along.

Drew up a kick motor assembly for the 1:48 Voyager that's posted with Jon Leslie - jparenti did a test build and it seems to work OK. I'll have to update the plans and resend them to Jon (by and by).

Yogi's builds - to boldy glue, where ...-p6210458.jpg

Yogi's builds - to boldy glue, where ...-p6210461.jpg

Yogi's builds - to boldy glue, where ...-p6210455.jpg

Did a few more payloads for the stomp rocket launcher - posted in the downloads section. NASA's shuttle glider works very well (use all four nose weight pieces to balance the internal tube "motor") and is quick and simple enough to build replacements (haven't put one in traffic yet, but it's got the range).

Yogi's builds - to boldy glue, where ...-p6250460.jpg

Took a break to do an FG BG (they're having a sale so I bought the DVDs - my bit for economic stimulus). And, it's the photo angle. The wing root fairing actually flows fairly smoothly after I did a little trimming.

Yogi's builds - to boldy glue, where ...-p6260457.jpg

Working on a few more stomp rocket payloads for the Independence Day challenge (see Comp/Contest/Challenge forum) ...

And doing preliminary work on the just launched Lunar Recon Orbiter mission in the new moon race (China, India, Japan are all headed that way too). Motivated by Dyna-Soar's build - but it just seems incomplete without the accompanying LCROSS and Centaur upper stage impactors.

And of course - cut the damn grass and sweated off a quick 5 lbs (rehydration and malt/hops replacement in progress) ...