View Single Post

Old 05-25-2016, 06:29 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Interesting that this B-47 post arrived recently. I used a high pixel count card model along with what few actual line drawings survived
the FBI's wrecking crews who burnt all existing documentation. What remains is decent T.O. manuals and measured maintenance and
erection drawings.

Those along with 1/100th drawings Boeing gave to its awards manufacturer in L.A. were all that was available when I began the 1/8.7669
scale B-47E project, five years ago. At that time there were plenty of artist renderings but very few engineered aka technical drawings.

Well we beat on CAD of nearly every flavor before determining Ashlar-Vellum's Argon was our magic carpet ride to expediting competitive
flying scale model design and construction.

Below are a few photos of where we are today from when I first arrived on this forum. You guys were a great help in being patient more
than anything else I suppose I was considered a real design basher except for a few who saw where I and my partner in this crime are
headed. A pair (2) of 163" w/s electric ducted fan powered (EDF) Boeing B-47 Stratojets.

After wading through the sea of minimum documentation resources I finally hit the jackpot when Mr. Richard Reynolds of Norfolk, VA
contacted me after I made it be known I was willing to share the little over 5 gig I had collected in drawings and technical data.
Richard, a retired engineer from Newport News an aircraft carrier manufacturer, had been researching the B-47 to replicate the
aircraft at about 1/10th scale.

Before long he and I began exchanging data. Before long there was the makings of an actual research team with Richard and his friend
Mike, from West Va. as we set out visiting surviving B-47's on display near old and former USAF bases & museums East of Ft Collins, CO.

Last edited by Flite-Metal; 05-25-2016 at 07:02 PM.