View Single Post

Old 05-29-2016, 09:37 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 425.92 MB
OK, the pictures below show the process I used when building the landing the stairs attach to.

Picture 1 - The parts for the landing and the stairs. Going clockwise - top left the landing, sides of the stairs, stair treads, my trusty engineers square, and the beams for holding up the landing.

The assembly of the landing was not too clear at this stage, but after careful folding hopefully all became clearer!

Picture 2 - once folded the assembly of the landing became clearer.On the landing are two white tabs and these clearly DO NOT attach straight to the side of the walls. After studying the set-up a bit, it looks to me like these should go through a slot in the wall and then be opened up on the inside to secure the landing.

The bottom arrow shows one of the two tabs I am talking about. The second arrow shows the slot - which I have yet to cut out.

Picture 3 - One of the tools I find invaluable when modelling in paper is the small engineer's square shown in Picture 1. You need to find the smallest one possible - this is quite hard as these squares are generally a bit bigger than the one in the photo.

I use it to ensure parts are aligned and square, and illustrate typical use in this photo and the next one.

in this picture you can see that I am using it to ensure that the two sides of the landing are square.

Picture 4 - Here the engineers square is being used to ensure the bottom, sides and end are all aligned.

Picture 5 - This shows one of my dental tools (a spatula) being ised to ensure the end is 100% square as it dries.

Picture 6 - The finished landing!

Next step - the dreaded stairs.
Attached Thumbnails
Water Mill - A Boat Mill Variant!-tw2.jpg   Water Mill - A Boat Mill Variant!-tw3.jpg   Water Mill - A Boat Mill Variant!-tw4.jpg   Water Mill - A Boat Mill Variant!-tw5a.jpg   Water Mill - A Boat Mill Variant!-tll.jpg  

Water Mill - A Boat Mill Variant!-tw6.jpg  

Last edited by Kevin WS; 05-29-2016 at 10:07 AM.