View Single Post

Old 06-27-2009, 07:35 PM

Total Downloaded: 14.54 MB
Here she is, my last entry in to the OTDAEABT 2 contest: the 1991 Bohdan Wasiak kit of the tropical version of the JU-87 Stuka dive bomber!
#3 - OTDAEABT 2 - Maly Modelarz STUKA!-img_2356.jpg
While it's not terribly accurate, it does still capture the feel of the prototype.
#3 - OTDAEABT 2 - Maly Modelarz STUKA!-img_2357.jpg
The colors are too vibrant and I think that's what bothers me most about this kit.
#3 - OTDAEABT 2 - Maly Modelarz STUKA!-img_2358.jpg
Despite all of the design flaws in this one, it's still buildable, as opposed to that Lenin car I started the contest with (boy, was that a mistake!).
#3 - OTDAEABT 2 - Maly Modelarz STUKA!-img_2359.jpg
I simply blacked out the white cockpit area. I don't think it's as nice as a real interior, but it's not too distracting.
#3 - OTDAEABT 2 - Maly Modelarz STUKA!-img_2363.jpg
The instructions indicate using wire for the bomb release arms, but I had a box of toothpicks at hand that were a closer diameter.
#3 - OTDAEABT 2 - Maly Modelarz STUKA!-img_2364.jpg
Here she is on the Stuka "Wall of Shame" above my desk with her brother and sister. They are earlier modified and detailed models of the same kit.
#3 - OTDAEABT 2 - Maly Modelarz STUKA!-img_2367.jpg
I think I'll leave her here for a while, but I suspect I'm going to give her a pass with an airbrush to take the color down a bit.
Now on to the three remaining 1:33 JU-87 kits I haven't built yet. That's not counting the new one from GPM (can't wait to get that one!) and the one from Kartoon Model, which looks stupendous.
Chris