View Single Post

Old 07-10-2016, 10:34 AM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Dan Thompson Plastic Version

By coincidence, the current issue of the IPMS Journal (Vol. 28, No. 3, May-June 2016) contains an article by Dan Thompson about his plastic interpretation of the same scene from the Wells novel.

It is interesting to read Dan's explanation for his approach to Thunder Child and the Martian war machines.

I attach images of reduced clarity to avoid copyright issues, but the article should be available soon at IPMS/USA Journal - Volume 28, Issue 2 - March/April 2016 | IPMS/USA Members

Incidentally, More Than Human is one of my favorite science fiction novels, and Theodore Sturgeon one of my favorite writers. I first read the novel when I was 13, 63 years ago, and have re-read it many times since with the same pleasure. It is a long way from The War of the Worlds or time travel, Dave, so you may not care for it. De gustibus . . .

Don
Attached Thumbnails
Thunderchild vs. the Tripods-ipmsj-may-jun-16_marsattacks01.jpg   Thunderchild vs. the Tripods-ipmsj-may-jun-16_marsattacks02.jpg   Thunderchild vs. the Tripods-ipmsj-may-jun-16_marsattacks03.jpg   Thunderchild vs. the Tripods-ipmsj-may-jun-16_marsattacks04.jpg   Thunderchild vs. the Tripods-ipmsj-may-jun-16_marsattacks05.jpg  

Thunderchild vs. the Tripods-ipmsj-may-jun-16_marsattacks05a.jpg