View Single Post

Old 07-11-2016, 09:19 AM

Total Downloaded: 54.96 MB
Help with Russian-English translation

I'm working a bit on this kit to make it available in 1/16 scale while still keeping to Letter/A4 paper size. It is quite a puzzle. Meanwhile I'd need some help with proper translation of some Russian remarks. First these two screenshots from the part sheets:

In a previous post I stated, quite arrogantly, that a Google-translation from the Russian build thread would suffice to overcome some problems with the kit that seemingly remained in the available version. Here's the Russian text I need help with:

Quote:
Далее капот. Первая "лепестковая" деталь в принципе сошлась нормально, а вот следующая за ней оказалась большой по длине. Укоротил примерно на 3-5мм. Стык между ними закроется тонкой полоской. Вроде бы и узел спроектирован правильно, но какое-то ощущение, что чего-то не хватает, плавности что ли. Вот именно в этом месте большую роль играет толщина бумаги. У меня чуть-чуть она завышена, наверно, поэтому получилось не так как хотелось.
Далее стыковка "головы" к фюзеляжу. Имеется так сказать вырез-замок. На фюзеляже такого выреза нет. Не страшно можно подрезать.
The Google translation goes like this:

Quote:
Then the hood. The first "petal" item basically converged normal, but following it was a great length. It shortens by about 3-5mm. The joint between the thin strip closes. It seems to be designed correctly and assembly, but for some the feeling that something is missing, something smooth. Here in this place plays an important role the thickness of the paper. I have a little bit exaggerated, it is probably why it did not work as it would like.

Next docked "head" to the fuselage. There is so to speak a cutout castle. On the fuselage of the cut-out is not. Do not be afraid, you can trim.
I can't make heads or tails from that translation, so please help me here if you can! If you wan't to see the accompanying photos and read the context, here's the link to post #34 in the Russian build thread.

Grateful for help here! - Leif
Attached Thumbnails
A very nice La-5 model, 1:33 scale free download-russian-text.jpg