Thread: DIY: LED Arch
View Single Post

Old 07-30-2016, 09:58 PM

Total Downloaded: 210.47 MB
Rick sorry for stepping on your thread I don't want to highjack it But I do want to share the following information.

Very Cool approach to work bench lighting. I use two 28watt CF compacts in paragraph light fixtures one on each side of my work table but I still have to reposition my lights all the time.

I have used these strip lights for planted tank aquarium lighting and under counter lighting so I am no stranger to the LED strip lights. You can purchase them on eBay in 5 meter lengths with the 12VDC power supply and some sort of controller (even remote controllers) for $10 to $20 which includes shipping. your local electronics store may also have them but at a cost 3 to 5 times the EBay price. Hook up is simple but if you cut the strips to shorter lengths you will have to solder the ends or purchase the connectors on eBay.

Get the bright white 5000K LED strips if you can find a higher K rating in the 5000 to 7500 range they would be a little better. These K ratings are considered to be Bright (daylight) white and are very close to actual sun light. The lower ratings around 2000 to 3000 have a yellow tint. you can see that on the links below. The 5000K rated lights makes for much better photos and if you mix your own colors your color match will be spot on. look for strips that have 300 to 600 LED's per meter. The RGB LED strips are fun but you cannot set them to a specific K rating. As a side bar these lights would be great if you are growing plants indoors.
A couple of EBay sellers

16ft SMD 5050 600LED Light Lamp Strip Remote Controller Power Supply Adapter | eBay

600 SMD LED Strip Light 5M 3528 Cool White with RF Wireless Remote Controller TL | eBay

Jim Nunn