View Single Post

Old 08-03-2016, 07:59 PM

Total Downloaded: 190.24 MB
Modeling done in Wings3D of a Simple Boat tutorial originally for Metasequoia

I have followed a Simple Boat tutorial originally done for Metasequoia, using Wings3D.

I saved the Simple Boat Wings3D model as a *.obj file and unfolded it in Pepakura Designer. I took the output of Pepakura Designer into Inkscape.

I uploaded the *.wings model files, the *.obj model files, the *.pdf files and the *.svg Inkscape file to my OneDrive and shared them.

Here is the OneDrive link to the folder containing Word documents of the tutorial and some of my experiments:
https://1drv.ms/f/s!AtqY81B6SadMg1YMgb9Ufjza8HFY

Here is a OneDrive link to the folder of all the model and output files:
https://1drv.ms/f/s!AtqY81B6SadMg1ea7dMx7DQkuzB3

I have attached a screenshot of Wings3D with the boat model loaded, a screenshot of the PDF from Pepakura, and a screenshot of the PDF from Inkscape where I colored the windows with a gradient.

Here is the link to the Papermodelers thread I posted the Metasequoia tutorial OneDrive documents in:
Tutorials for metasequoia

- - - - -

A note about the OneDrive Word documents.
If you are running a Word version that has the "Ribbon" interface, here is a tip to see how the document and tutorial is organized.

Click the View tab, and then click Outline. The Outlining tab is now active in the "Ribbon". Change the Show Level: [1] drop-down from "All Levels" to "Level 4" [2]. Now only the red, green and blue headings are displayed.

To jump to a specific section of the document, click on the heading you want [3], then on the Ribbon, Outlining tab, click the "Close Outline View" [4] .

- - - - -

Screen shots with red arrows and text were created using the free program Greenshot. Greenshot - a free and open source screenshot tool for productivity

-Steve
Attached Thumbnails
It's been 6.5 years since I've been here... What's the state of the art?-wings3d-wboat_05.wings.jpg   It's been 6.5 years since I've been here... What's the state of the art?-pdf-unfolded-wboat_05-.jpg   It's been 6.5 years since I've been here... What's the state of the art?-pdf-inkscape-wboat_05-windows.jpg   It's been 6.5 years since I've been here... What's the state of the art?-modelling-tutorial-simple-boat-word-outlining-tab.jpg