View Single Post

Old 09-24-2016, 07:45 PM
POTM Moderator

Total Downloaded: 18.36 MB
13 – 138mm Guns

Shipbuild, Don, JohnMGD, Millenio3, missileer, Fred, John, David, Dieter Renaud and Carl!
Thanks. Time for more photos.

Work has started on the 138mm guns/turrets. These have a similar configuration to the larger 305mm turrets, but these are “double” turrets and are much smaller. There are 4 of these, two located forward and two located aft. I have built them with rotating capability and they are removable. Installing these turrets will then clear the way for installation of the superstructure assemblies.

Still remaining to be installed on each turret are the two targeting domes for the roof and an air hatch.

I have included an historical image of the back of the 138mm gun turret. It is a clearer version of the one John contributed earlier. It looks like this was taken after the ship was painted gray. I have replicated the back door based on what I see in this photo. I am speculating that the round object is an air hatch on the roof just above the door.

Regards,
Mike
Attached Thumbnails
-116-gun-turrets-parts-138mm.jpg   -117-gun-turrets-parts-138mm.jpg   -118-gun-turrets-parts-138mm.jpg   -119-gun-turrets-parts-138mm.jpg   -120-test-fit-assemblies.jpg  

-121-overview.jpg   -122-historical-138mm-turret-backside.jpg   -123-artillerie-138mm.jpg