View Single Post

Old 11-13-2016, 08:08 AM

Total Downloaded: 648.57 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by at6 View Post
not be able to read or translate Russian can be trouble. Many of those sites are traps trying to get you to meet "naughty" single girls. I had one h#ll of a time removing all of the pop ups from one site.
Using Chrome browser, it's built in translator works well with Russian, Czech, and most eastern European languages. It also does a good job on Chinese, Korean and Japanese texts, but it cannot hack them when they use the symbols within a picture frame. Which they do a lot.

I also go in with Avast Free antivirus, Malware Bytes, 10bit Malware Fighter, and Adblock Plus running. I do occasionally get a naughty pop up telling me that my computer is now locked and I can only get it sorted by phoning a USA number.

Right click taskbar, left click Task Manager, select Google Chrome, End task ... Successfully kills off the browser ... Relaunch the browser ... ignore the helpful button offering to put you back on the page you crashed out from and navigate back to just before you hit the malware ... Make a mental note not to go there again, and carry on. .... Simples.