View Single Post

Old 11-22-2016, 04:34 AM

Total Downloaded: 451.36 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by imcold View Post
So it's not really that much protection, if you know how to work around it.
I don't . I wanted to replace some surface detail in one of J.Perdana's models*. It's not simply a matter of reprinting and greebling, because some of the real-world parts are neither flat nor actually flush with the base surface - edges are raised like "__\------/__" or "__T----T__", therefore a replacement would leave some of the original surface visible under the edges, detracting from the effect. Besides, some replacements would be made in flexible material, making difficult to exactly cover the original. I guessed Julius's files are vector-based, so the original feature could be easily removed, but I couldn't even load and try. Alternatives:
  • slightlly oversize the greebles. No
  • bother him asking for a "clean" version. No way.
  • do a screen capture or something similar, and redo the base part the raster way and losing some resolution. I could try that
  • paint over the base surface. No, my paintbrush ability is restricted to edges and flat colors
*I'm doing something similar in my WiP, but it's raster-based, so it's the hard way, with GIMP's stamp and clone tools, plus GMIC.