View Single Post

Old 11-24-2016, 10:33 PM

Total Downloaded: 440.25 MB
Well for better or worse it's finished...hindsight being the great thing it is, available after the fact unfortunately, I would have built the entire upper hull and then trimmed the formers if necessary to get it to fit properly. Fitting the upper hull and then trying to attach the roof is NOT the way to do this....I attempted to fill the join but it's a marginal job at best, very disappointed with my build. The interior came up well but I failed badly on the outside...maybe I'll build another one.
Stupidly I assumed the piece that I cut out of the roof would fit...another fail so it will just have to live with that piece missing. Had I built the hull first I could have airbrushed it but try to after it was together was just not possible with all the compound curves so I hand painted it and it shows.
All in all a passable effort but I could have done much better. The thermoformed top dome came out OK, lucky I made 3 of them !! Trying to cut them down was an interesting exercise. An old ball mouse ball forced into a 20mm hole worked really well.
Cardmodels being cardmodels it can always be done again for the price of some card and ink.
Despite my attempt it is a beautiful thing to build but I suppose this could be classed as a test build since I went in blind basically, don't let it put you off trying this, it's a credit to Vinicio Munoz.
Attached Thumbnails
Jupiter 2 new design-j2a.jpg   Jupiter 2 new design-j2b.jpg   Jupiter 2 new design-j2c.jpg