View Single Post

Old 11-25-2016, 07:56 PM

Total Downloaded: 440.25 MB
Thanks for the remarks, I will probably build this again but not right now...always tomorrow with cardmodels. No prob putting the pictures on other sites, more people should try this model. My nickname around here is Bones and it's the one I use at Papermodels11 so just use that one if you like. I really have enjoyed this model and definitely will do it again but as I said, try building the hull complete and fitting it whole.
I can zip the files up and send them to anyone who would like them if that's ok with the moderators here, will need to make sure first though.
Thanks too to Vinicio for a superb model, the best I have ever seen of the venerable Jupiter 2.
Just a reminder that the flight deck consoles need to be scratch built, they're just a box really so it's no biggie. Also the bubbles on the top and on the astrogator, all I did was to get a piece of nylon that I had lying around, a piece of wood will do, and using holesaws drilled a 16mm hole and a 25mm hole. Then I grabbed some old light fitting packaging that was formed with a vacuum former I would guess, and clamped it down on 2 sides over the holes with some short pieces of pine. Then after heating the plastic with an electric paint stripper simply pushed a 14mm glass marble through the 16mm hole and a ball mouse ball through the 25mm hole. Trim to size and you have your domes...easy.
Going now to hve a beer and a snooze, catch you later.