View Single Post

Old 11-26-2016, 08:50 AM

Total Downloaded: 14.63 MB

That completes the missing photos from the last two posts.
So let's continue with some new pictures.
I should have done this before I started adding the superstructure to the ships hull, and that is 4 pegs added to the base of the hull to act as locating luggs. I have drilled some holes for strips of wood to these will be fixed to the shelf that the ship will finally sit on to hold it in place. The other two will go on a strip of card from the packing case that I can use to transport ship on to model shows.

The lifeboats painted and ready to be installed on the ship I used a brown paper bag to make the tarpaulin covers, and added some rudders.

And finally lifeboats installed on the ship.

sadly that is the end of the build. Next post will be of the completed ship. I hope you enjoyed watching me build it on and off the last couple of years as I have building it. It might be an expensive model and fairly large but is well worth it and I'd recommend it to anyone and is not as hard as it looks.