View Single Post

Old 12-04-2016, 12:31 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 425.92 MB
Wayne - I had a feeling you would be the first to post here! Great pictures - especially like the Horizon Anniversary paint scheme.

So here are the couple of pictures I took during a break. I hope they will be of interest.

Picture 1 and 2 - Atlas Oryx. Basically an upgraded and remanufactured version of the Aerospatiale Puma - pretty much the same now as the Eurocopter Super Puma. Up-engined, tropical dust filters, carbon-composite structure, a longer tail boom etc. The white colour scheme is ex use in the peacekeeping role in the DRC, Sudan etc.

Picture 3 - A row of Oryx in the operational hanger.

Picture 4 - An Oryx undergoing service. This shows off the engine nicely, as well as (from the covers) the length of the dust filters.

Picture 5 - Agusta A109 LUH, again in the operational hanger.

Picture 6 - A rare one here being towed back to the hanger! An Atlas Cheetah D2.
Attached Thumbnails
Aircraft, Glider and Balloon Pics - Anything real, military or civil, that flies!-saaf1.jpg   Aircraft, Glider and Balloon Pics - Anything real, military or civil, that flies!-saaf1a.jpg   Aircraft, Glider and Balloon Pics - Anything real, military or civil, that flies!-saaf2.jpg   Aircraft, Glider and Balloon Pics - Anything real, military or civil, that flies!-saaf3p.jpg   Aircraft, Glider and Balloon Pics - Anything real, military or civil, that flies!-saaf4.jpg  

Aircraft, Glider and Balloon Pics - Anything real, military or civil, that flies!-saaf5.jpg