View Single Post

Old 12-23-2016, 04:00 PM

Total Downloaded: 859.7 KB
Quote:
Originally Posted by hjlyuen View Post

<snip>

Finally there is something next to the medium gain antenna (see attached photo). I don’t think it is the coarse sun sensor (faces the wrong direction) and all of the 5 scientific instruments are accounted for. I left this part off the model but if anyone can identify the part, I can add it later to both the model and the patterns. As a way of giving back to the paper modeling community I uploaded the patterns and instructions to the download section. And just in time for Christmas. Have a nice holiday season everyone. And happy anniversary MOM. Henry Yuen

I just joined this forum due to this thread and Henry this is so amazing and intricate. I have only dabbled in 3D modelling a bit and process of making something really gives a new perspective and insight into subject.

That part is indeed bracket for placing Course Analog Sun Sensors(9 in total) CASS-42 and CASS-47. They were placed in such odd way to avoid proximity to medium gain antenna according to this paper on "Electromagnetic compatibility of MARS Orbiter Mission spacecraft"

https://www.researchgate.net/publica...ion_spacecraft

Quote:
Based on the Microwave Simulation in CST Software, it was analyzed that (Course Analog Sun Sensor) CASS -42 and CASS - 47 Subsystem would be experiencing high Electric Field (about 80 V/m) due to the proximity of the MGA, hence they were relocated.
Also a while ago I found this animated assembly of MOM and put it on Youtube might be of some use, it has all parts labelled.

Happy Holidays!