View Single Post

Old 12-26-2016, 01:06 PM

Total Downloaded: 254.35 MB
Thank you again Ohsin for the link to the MOM animated assembly video. It took a while but I finally found all 9 sun sensors, mounted on 5 different brackets. Two brackets have a pair a pair of sensors each, another 2 have only one sensor each, and the fifth has 3 sensors. I am guessing the pairs are slit style (versus pin hole style) sun sensors mounted with one perpendicular to the other, i.e. 2-axis similar to the diagram attached. Although all 9 were labeled as coarse sun sensors, the bracket with the 3 sensors may have been a fine sensor setup similar to the diagram attached.

Now that we know the location of the sun sensors, I replaced the files in the download section with version 2. The differences between version 1 and 2 are (1) 5 new sun sensor assemblies, (2) revised mount for one of the star sensors (lowered the height by about 13 cm, or 1 mm in 1:87 scale), and (3) recolored attitude control thrusters. I found a photo of Mangalyaan atop the PSLV just before the fairing was secure and in that photo the bottom of the thrusters were white, not the gold colored thermal insulation.

Thank you again, Henry
Attached Thumbnails
Mangalyaan ISRO Mars Orbiter Misson 1:87 scale-12b-sun-sensors-5625.jpg   Mangalyaan ISRO Mars Orbiter Misson 1:87 scale-12c-sun-sensors-5626.jpg   Mangalyaan ISRO Mars Orbiter Misson 1:87 scale-17-solar-panels.jpg   Mangalyaan ISRO Mars Orbiter Misson 1:87 scale-18-attitude-control-thrusters.jpg   Mangalyaan ISRO Mars Orbiter Misson 1:87 scale-2-asix-sun-sensor.jpg  

Mangalyaan ISRO Mars Orbiter Misson 1:87 scale-fine-sun-sensor.jpg   Mangalyaan ISRO Mars Orbiter Misson 1:87 scale-pin-hole-sun-sensor.jpg