View Single Post

Old 01-05-2017, 06:34 AM

Total Downloaded: 102.95 MB
Thanks for the kind words Mike.
Utnapishtim, I found your information very interesting. Are you a fan of the Epic of Gilgamesh?
Below is a article about how the Roberts was able to increase its range by firing salvos to start the ship rocking from side to side, then timing the shots for when the ship was at maximum lean. It was off the Normandy coast when it received a request for assistance but was out of range of the target. It fired 700 rounds during this campaign. If that was 350 rounds per barrel, it must have been well and truly worn out if 200 rounds was the normal life of a barrel.

I had to be at home today waiting for a delivery man to come. In the end he didn't, as is their way, but I did get a lot of time to model while I waited.
I did some small stuff at the front, then continued on with the superstructure.
Once again, all fitted very well. The only adjustments I had to make were the holes the poles for the mast went through. I had to elongate them to allow the poles to meet at the top. I also had to carve a small relief in each pole to stop them from pushing on the box structure between them. I used tooth picks for the rear poles and a BBQ skewer for the front pole.
I bought some cobalt blue and white craft paint, from which I was able to mix the two lighter blue colours for touch up and painting the mast. I should say my 12 year old daughter mixed the colours for me. She did an excellent job.
If anyone makes this model, I suggest leaving off the structure right at the bow until last. I made it first this morning, and it sent all day getting in the way, and being bumped and damaged. Does anyone know its purpose? It looks somewhat like the front of a boom defence ship, but is not the same.

Robert
Attached Thumbnails
JSC 1/400 HMS Roberts-img_5212.jpg   JSC 1/400 HMS Roberts-img_5213.jpg   JSC 1/400 HMS Roberts-img_5217.jpg   JSC 1/400 HMS Roberts-img_5214.jpg   JSC 1/400 HMS Roberts-img_5216.jpg  

JSC 1/400 HMS Roberts-img_5218.jpg   JSC 1/400 HMS Roberts-img_5224.jpg   JSC 1/400 HMS Roberts-img_5222.jpg   JSC 1/400 HMS Roberts-img_5221.jpg   JSC 1/400 HMS Roberts-img_5223.jpg  

JSC 1/400 HMS Roberts-img_5225.jpg