View Single Post

Old 01-20-2017, 09:07 AM

Total Downloaded: 264.09 MB
Lockheed L-188 Electra

One of the most remarkable turbo-prop aircraft in my view was the Lockheed L-188 Electra. KLM bought a fleet in 1959/1960 and used them on European routes as well as on the longer sectors to the Middle East and Africa. Because of their high speed, they could compete with the Sud Aviation Caravelle, which was in use with most European airlines. KLM was the only original European carrier to employ the Electra. Fortunately no aircraft was lost due to the early engine flutter.

The model I made is a reprint available from Scaldis of the KLM Electra, published in I think 1960. I used aluminium paper for the underside of the fuselage and the wings, engines and tailplanes. I didn"t include a full building thread here, becaue the technique I used is fully described in earlier threads, you can find them by doing an advanced search (see button at top of the page) for threads under my avatar name (scon10). For the darker engine segments (probably fire resistant metal), I used Tamiya Gun Metal #X-10

Here are some photo's
Attached Thumbnails
Lockheed L-188 Electra-klm-img_0611.jpg   Lockheed L-188 Electra-klm-img_0620.jpg   Lockheed L-188 Electra-klm-img_0599.jpg   Lockheed L-188 Electra-klm-img_0617.jpg   Lockheed L-188 Electra-klm-img_0622.jpg