View Single Post

Old 02-14-2017, 02:34 AM

Total Downloaded: 37.67 MB
Fuselage continued

Hello friends,

Welcome aboard and thank you for flying with me. This is your captain speaking, with a short update on the latest progress.

Continued with the centre section of the fuselage. This is a long part and somewhat difficult to handle. Considered to cut it in half, just along one of the printed black lines but in the end decided to not do so. I used the option of installing the luggage hold.

To aid in smoothly joining the centre and cockpit sections I doubled the front former of the centre section and installed it right underneath the joiner. This allowed me to exercise some pressure on the joint while fixating both sections.

The first aft section is also equipped with a small luggage hold, which can be seen in one of the pictures looking at the inside.

The luggage bay doors still have to be installed. Note that they opened inwards so that's why you can't see them in actual DC-9 pictures with opened luggage holds.

Three more sections to go and then the fuselage is finished. Time to clean up my desk as well .

Cheers,
Erik
Attached Thumbnails
Skyline Papermodels DC-9-31 Eastern Airlines-img_4424.jpg   Skyline Papermodels DC-9-31 Eastern Airlines-img_4425.jpg   Skyline Papermodels DC-9-31 Eastern Airlines-img_4426.jpg   Skyline Papermodels DC-9-31 Eastern Airlines-img_4428.jpg   Skyline Papermodels DC-9-31 Eastern Airlines-img_4434.jpg  

Skyline Papermodels DC-9-31 Eastern Airlines-img_4435.jpg   Skyline Papermodels DC-9-31 Eastern Airlines-img_4431.jpg   Skyline Papermodels DC-9-31 Eastern Airlines-img_4433.jpg   Skyline Papermodels DC-9-31 Eastern Airlines-img_4436.jpg