View Single Post

Old 02-15-2017, 07:09 AM

Total Downloaded: 26.66 MB
Thanks for the warning about fit DJE, I will have a look at the hatch before I fit the sloping frames.

I started with the lower hull, the engine & crew compartment.
The hull frames engine & crew compartment all fit together really well. Tight & exact. The engine is a very basic form & I decided to add some bits of copier paper to it to hold its' shape when it is placed into position between W3 & 4 which is a snug fit & it distorts as it slides in otherwise. (See pic)

The seats (see pic of S3 & S4) have me kinda stumped - there are 2 parts to make 2 sets of legs! I assume this is an error as I cannot see how these 2 pieces make enough supports. I can easily replicate the simple loop shown in the schematic (see pic in above post) but it just really puzzles me because as Jorzik said in his thread the interior is not complex, & it should have been obvious/easy to make seating parts available.
It very basic but is nicely colored.

The designers focus obviously was the running gear, tracks & wheels, but after the Halinski build it feels kind of wrong to have an empty interior.
Time being what it is I will just build it stock.
Being covered up I can live with it & as this build for me is about making 160 track links & all the wheels, the interior is secondary.

There is plenty of room to scratch build a detailed compartment though. I did wonder about using some of Enrico63s IMR1 interior parts rescaled... it is do-able if req'd.

Johnny & Jorzik - Thanks for the interest guys, I expect this will be a how not to build a T34 thread tho as I don't have super skills like you yet
Attached Thumbnails
GPM 353 T-34/76 mod. 1940-seat-1.jpg   GPM 353 T-34/76 mod. 1940-interior.jpg