View Single Post

Old 03-01-2017, 07:34 PM

Total Downloaded: 313.46 MB
One step forward... two back
I need to redesign how a couple of these instruments are assembled. Some glue tabs are needed and some aren't. I'm adding some instructions, but not a detailed build through. I hope it'll be enough. Maybe some reference drawings will be helpful.

The Sample Return Capsule is first up. I've yet to build the grid, but it's designed. Lots of pics here, I'm proud of the mounting assembly. Unfortunately, I can't design it to be removable and sealable. At least not at my current skill level.

Next up are the medium and high gain antenna. The prototype HG receiver is too long and will be shortened a smidgen on the final design. On a hero build, the struts can probably be folded over to make them thinner and more substantial.

The Star Tracker is a compromise of scale. I just couldn't model the fine contours. The telescopes should probably be more acute, but I'll survive.

Lastly are two instruments that are mounted on the lower sides of the bus on the capsule side. My references always show me extended and one stowed. Bonus points to anyone who knows what they're about. I've no idea.
Attached Thumbnails
Stardust - Remodeled-img_3444.jpg   Stardust - Remodeled-img_3445.jpg   Stardust - Remodeled-img_3474.jpg   Stardust - Remodeled-img_3475.jpg   Stardust - Remodeled-img_3478.jpg  

Stardust - Remodeled-img_3480.jpg   Stardust - Remodeled-img_3446.jpg   Stardust - Remodeled-img_3468.jpg   Stardust - Remodeled-img_3470.jpg   Stardust - Remodeled-img_3466.jpg