View Single Post

Old 07-09-2009, 07:04 AM
Design Admin

Total Downloaded: 11.54 MB
Welcome to the Papermodelers.com Links area!!

Hello all,
I would like to introduce everyone to my latest project (and my first one here)

The Links section!

This area is so brand spankin new that Jason does not have the tab setup for it yet. You can access it directly here: Paper Modelers Links Directory

I envision this to contain links to anything and everywhere that holds information about card modeling or models themselves. I would prefer for members to focus on putting in links to free sites and models when possible. I figure vendors can put in links to their sites themselves. The only exception I can see is I would not mind seeing a someone (or a couple people) work on putting in as much info about the hobbyfactory.com as possible. I think Jason should get a bit more visibility

I would like people to keep the main link in each entry to a home page. To add links to subpages just post a response to the link. You can also post direct links to the page a model resides on with a post to the link thread. It would also be good to post what models are on a site like under Phils site you could post a response like
Phils creations has:
3 wise hearts
bag of tricks
beer

etc etc etc - you can also include a link to each of the pages if you want... DO NOT include a link to the direct download - these will be removed if found.

These threads are all searchable so this will be a great way to find particualr models or sites with specific items or info.

I put quite a lot of thought into the categories. I made it exceedingly simple then thought about stuff to add, then more then more and it got way to complex. I saw way too many opportunities for posting in wrong categories and whatnot. I settled on what is there now. A site CAN go into more than one area if it seems like it should to you. Try to keep this to a minimum when possible though and choose the best fit.

I am not locked into this category structure. Changes will be considered however keep in mind I want it to stay simple and wont add new categories willy nilly
Thanks!
Chris