Thread: pen boxes
View Single Post

Old 04-14-2017, 11:02 AM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Glen - Sorry for the delay in responding to your question about pens I have owned.

Although I frequently wrote with a fountain pen when I was n high school in the 1950s, I have no recollection of the brands - Shaeffers, probably. When I arrived in Korea in 1962, I bought a red Parker pen with a recessed nib and gold inlaid device that looked like this: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...2e93483b2b.jpg It may have been a "51." It was my standard pen for decades. I passed it on to one of our sons when Lil bought me the Pelican.

In recent decades I have bought a couple of less expensive Pelicans, a couple fo Parker Sonnets (which had a very smooth write out, but didn't seem as durable as the Pelikans), and a couple bought from Fahrney's: a Waterman, an Omas, and a neat little snub-nosed Stipula Passport, which wrote beautifully and that I loved, but it eventually started leaking.

I look forward to seeing more pen boxes and hearing from your interlocutors on the subject of fountain pens and pen boxes.

Don