View Single Post

Old 04-16-2017, 10:03 AM

Total Downloaded: 26.66 MB
Don - enjoy

pjabraham - it had to said

dje - As you know from the parts of the turret ring [261 + S-12] the 'break' in the ring is 180 degrees opposed. This made me think I could apply this idea elsewhere. The author doesn't like to give us too many clues .
I think tire construction & the conical faces for each wheel must employ this method to give a strong bond with no butt-joins. (You probably know this but it was new for me to see this possibility available for so many parts.)

One of my reasons for this tank build is the fact that paper doesn't like curved cuts, so I felt I should get practice with circles.
Same thing with tracks - lots of work on these required & altho it is daunting I must try it!
I did buy some glue from Poland with my last order as I wanted to compare it. I have since decided I would first use it on something simple. This time I will use what I'm familiar with - already a tough learning curve without new glue behavior.

I have been adding to my pile of wheel parts, which with the edge coloring is quite time consuming. I want to get all the bits ready for these 10 road wheel pairs before starting assembly.
The center boss is made with a petal dome, the finished item shown on GPMs site doesn't show this. It has flat circle. Cheat! :P

I found a couple of decent WW2 images showing this model. Seems that there were only a few of them - 117 (?) made in 1940. Have not found much reference material on this specific model. Maybe it is all in Russian.
Attached Thumbnails
GPM 353 T-34/76 mod. 1940-r-whl.jpg   GPM 353 T-34/76 mod. 1940-early-t34.jpg   GPM 353 T-34/76 mod. 1940-t34-evo.jpg   GPM 353 T-34/76 mod. 1940-ring1.jpg   GPM 353 T-34/76 mod. 1940-ring-2.jpg