Thread: best glue
View Single Post

Old 04-24-2017, 02:16 PM

Total Downloaded: 985.89 MB
For paper to paper, I use a glue called "ADHESIVE TECH". Put a very small drop on a tab, spread it around and remove the excess with a dental tool. It holds firmly within 60 seconds, but you have about 30 seconds to move things around before it starts to grab. In two minutes, it has a solid set and you can glue the next piece to the assembly. You use so little for each joint that I have a half tube left and I have been using it on everything for the past 6 months (a mixture of large and small models). I attached a photo of the the glue tube. Oh, I forgot to mention, It's DIRT CHEAP! Here in Maryland, I bought it at an art shop for $1.99 (their standard everyday price). It works extremely well paper to paper, but not well with mixed materials (i.e. plastic; wood; metal).

For paper to cardboard, I use a paste glue called "YES". I spread it with a scrap piece of cardboard (easy cleanup) on the cardboard and then press the paper on using an old ink roller. (photo of that included also) A bit more expensive ($16 a pint at the same art store).

John
Attached Thumbnails
best glue-20170107_123102.jpg   best glue-20161009_225553.jpg