View Single Post

Old 06-01-2017, 12:11 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Dear friends,
thank you very much for all your comments and praise. I appreciate your attention and support. That is a great honour for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalapa View Post
Perfect, as always. May I ask you how do you get such accurate cuts, either with foils or card? Is it a cutter and a ruler? A pair of sizors? With compound curves?. By the way the length of the model must be In the round abouts of 100 cm. !!!Great work Doris.!!!!
Well, I use ordinary but very sharp scalpel from Tamiya manufacturer and long ruler to cut foil strips. The strips are cut on a hard cardboard pad. In the same way, I cut cardboard tapes and other parts, but I have to repeat cutting more times because the material is thicker - sometimes up to 2mm. These cut strips are always straight. I shape and bow them during sticking to the model using hot air for attaching foils while I stretch them slightly. For bending the cardboard into the curve I use hot steam. I always attach the strips slightly tightened.

And that is right, the overall length of the model is 97 cm at this moment. But in the end the model will be much longer ( with bowsprit and lanterns it could be about 130 cm).