View Single Post

Old 06-05-2017, 10:03 AM

Location: The thriving metropolis of Wappingers Falls, NY, USA
Total Downloaded: 127.35 MB
Morguera (The Mysterians)

The Japanese Sci-fi classic The Mysterians was dubbed in English and released in the USA in May, 1959. My parents took me to see it at the Fishkill Drive-in theater that summer. I had just turned 8 years old. I don't remember much about the movie itself, but the giant 50 meter tall rampaging robot, Moguera, had a lasting effect on me.

To my adult eyes, the movie is really goofy, (for a good laugh, watch the American trailer) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHbL8a71Hoo and Moguera is one of the dopiest looking movie monsters of all times, but to a naive wide eyed eight year old, it was magical.

The model stands at 120mm (5 5/8), making the scale @ 1/416. Assembly isn't difficult and is a combination of tab & slot and typical glue tabs. I couldn't get the formed arms to spread nearly wide enough at the shoulder to utilize all 4 slots, but otherwise every piece fit perfectly.

If there are any other closet Mysterian fans out there who might want to build their own Moguera, the model can be found here ƒSƒWƒ‰‚Ì–¡‘X`
Attached Thumbnails
Morguera (The Mysterians)-0605171112.jpg   Morguera (The Mysterians)-0605171112a.jpg   Morguera (The Mysterians)-0605171115.jpg