View Single Post

Old 06-17-2017, 04:11 PM

Location: The thriving metropolis of Wappingers Falls, NY, USA
Total Downloaded: 127.35 MB
1/72 Panhard 178

The Panhard AMD 178 was a French interwar armored car design that started it's production run in 1937. It initially saw service against the nazis in France, North Africa, Holland and Norway. It also fought against the Japanese in the French colony of Indo-China. After the fall of France, production continued and the vehicle was pressed into service by the Vichy government and other axis powers. The German designation was Panzerspähwagen P204,and it was used extensively on the eastern front. For its time, it was a very advanced design that was modified to fill many roles, and was used by various militaries as late as the mid 1960s.

The basic white model was designed in 2003 by Satoshi Yoshioka, of Y's Papermodel Workshop Y's Paper Modelworkshop / Models by Visiters. There are quite a few downloadable white armor models in 1/72 scale, but unfortunately the last site activity was in May of 2004.

I textured the white model using Photoshop. Assembly was straightforward. Despite its small size (@ 1 x 2.5 inches), the kit has quite a bit of detail. The base is from Rawen and Paran.
Attached Thumbnails
1/72 Panhard 178-panhard-right.jpg   1/72 Panhard 178-panhard-left.jpg   1/72 Panhard 178-panhard-front.jpg   1/72 Panhard 178-panhard-rear.jpg   1/72 Panhard 178-panhard-scale.jpg