View Single Post

Old 06-20-2017, 06:38 PM

Total Downloaded: 440.50 MB
My dad taught me the importance of reading. We always had a subscription to Reader's Digest while I was growing up, and by the time I was 5, he had turned me on to the section "It Pays to Enrich Your Vocabulary." Dad also read the newspaper every day, from cover to cover, and could recall articles days or weeks later.

Dad also taught me the value of not taking myself too seriously. He had a sharp wit that could cut to the quick, but inevitably followed it up with, "Hey, I wouldn't pick on you if I didn't love you." He could also point out exactly which rock in the garden he found each of us under.

The one trait he gifted each and every one of his kids with was the love of cooking. Mom did most of the day to day cooking, but special meals where he could go all out were his forte. I still dream of sitting down to his special lasagna. I have the recipe, but mine never tastes quite right.

Dad's been gone 19 years now... and this year has been harder than most. Not sure why, but missing him a ton. Thanks for letting me share.